|FIC Launches New Santa Rosa Platform Notebooks|
|Date: 2007/6/5 |
|Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Power 14.1” Portable Computers |
Taipei, Taiwan, June 5 – First International Computer, a world leader in the design and production of electronic devices, today unveiled two new high-performance notebooks designed to meet the Intel Santa Rosa platform specification.
At the heart of the new PR340 and MR040 laptops lies the latest generation Intel Centrino mobile technology, designed to provide users with better overall performance and graphics, improved wireless connectivity and advanced security features.
The two models employ a 14.1” widescreen display, built-in wireless LAN, DVD super-Multi drive, optional ATI Mobility Radeon X2400, 1.3Megapixel webcam and Intel’s flash-based platform accelerator, codenamed Robson, which enable rapid boot-up times and power savings.
“Implementing the next-generation technologies has significantly enhanced the performance of our latest notebooks,” states John Villejo, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for FIC. “Combined with a considerable improvement in battery life and full multimedia capabilities, our PR340 and MR040 notebooks serve as true, no-compromise solutions for portable computing.”
Based upon the Merom core, both laptops also feature 800MHz bus speeds with dynamic front-side bus switching to help conserve power and IntelR Advanced Digital Media Boost to deliver enhanced performance.
To learn more about FIC, the new PR340 and MR040 notebooks, see FIC at Computex 2007, TWTC Hall 2, booth F247 or visit www.fic.com.tw
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7100/T7300/T7500/T7700
- Intel 965PM / ICH8M Chipset (PR340), IntelR 965GM / ICH8-M (MR040)
- ATi Mobility Radeon X2400 w/GDDR3 128MB VRAM (PR340), Integrated Intel 965GM (MR040)
- 14.1” WXGA Display with DiamondBrite Technology (1280 x 800)
- 9.5mm SATA Hard Disk Drive, Ultra DMA ATA-150
- DVD Super-Multi or DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
- Built-in 1.3M pixel CMOS Camera
- 4-in-1 Card Reader (SD, MS, MMC, MS Pro)
- Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN or IntelR IEEE 802.11a/b/g
- Giga Ethernet LAN
- 1 x VGA port, 4 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x IEEE 1394 port, Headphone Line-Out, 1 x Microphone Line-In (with array mic.)
- Intel HD Audio (Azalia) with 2 Built-in Stereo Speakers
- Glide Pad with 2 Click Buttons
- 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery
- 332mm x 237mm x 37mm (W x D x H)
- 2.5Kg (PR340), 2.3Kg (MR040)
* Specifications subject to change
FIC Media Contact: Paul C. Kim, Director of Marketing, 510-252-8829 (USA), email@example.com
FIC Technical Contact: Frank Yang, Project Manager, 886-2-8751-8751 x. 8853 (Taiwan), firstname.lastname@example.org
FIC Computex Contact: Christine Tsai, Marketing Manager, 886-2-875-18751 x 7196 (Taiwan), email@example.com
Founded in 1980, First International Computer, Inc (FIC) is a world leader in the design and production of electronic devices now is focusing its core business on building automation system and versatile ARM platform enablement solutions.
FIC has a workforce of over 8,100 employees spread amongst 2 manufacturing/assembly sites and 4 branch offices.
As an OEM/ODM supplier to many of the leading brands in North America, Asia and Europe, FIC has established itself as a pioneer of innovative products, supplying engineering expertise, advanced R&D and logistical services throughout the world.
For the latest information on FIC products and services visit www.fic.com.tw