If you are considering updating your BIOS, we strongly suggest that you first
contact your dealer or system assembler. This On-line BIOS Guide contains only
general information about the standard product, and as such, the information
and files provided here may not, in some cases, work with your hardware.
You should be aware that flashing a BIOS is not guaranteed to be successful.
If your system is already running well, then even if there is a new version
of the BIOS available, it may not be the best option to flash the new one. Your
system may experience serious adverse side effects or even lower performance.
If you decide to flash a new BIOS make sure that you have first made a backup
copy of your present BIOS onto a bootable floppy. This way you will most likely
be able flash back to your old setup if problems arise.
||AWARD BIOS ver. 1.13JB16
||1.Added CPU IDs for AMD-K6-2
and Cyrix M II/IBM 6x86MX
2. Use flash540.exe for flashing (included in the zip archive)
||AWARD BIOS ver. 1.13JB15
||1. Added Trend Anti-Virus protection
in BIOS. (Trend Anti-Virus code version 1.50)
2. Added DRAM Page-Mode item (Turn on RX_6B bit 0) to improve performance.
3. Use Flash540.zip
||AWARD BIOS ver. 1.11JB14
||1. System could not reboot
(warm or H/W reset) when using new version of 3DLabs AGP VGA card.
2. System did not show anything on the screen after disabling the "Primary
IDE channel" on the BIOS.
3. IRQ 14 could not be freed when "Primary IDE channel" is disabled
4. Use Flash540.zip
||AWARD BIOS ver. 1.11JB13
||1. Fixed performance issue
while using old BIOS.(without thermal function)
2. Use Flash536.zip
||AWARD BIOS ver. 1.11JB12
||1. BIOS Hardware Monitor +12V
2. Fixed the caution (exclamation mark) when using ESS1868 or ALS100 sound
card or Accton EN1660 PnP Lan card under windows95 system device manager
3. Use Flash534.zip
||AWARD BIOS ver. 1.09JA12
||First BIOS Released
1. The BIOS just for PCB Ver1.1,not for PCB v1.2 and later(because FAN1
and FAN2 is invert)
2. Don't support throttle function when CPU over heat.
3. Don't support Linear Burst for Cyrix CPU (H/W no select Jumper)
4. Support Instand -off ASAP after memory sizing complete(don't need to
5. Can't boot with SEC KM48S8020AT(4Mx8bitx2bank)64MB
6.Don't support "Boot from SCSI Item"
7. Use Flash534.zip
Intel, VIA, Adobe, Microsoft and other registered trademarks are property of
The files and links on this page are provided by FIC as a service to its customers
and serve for informational purposes only. The content is provided "as
is" without any express or implied warranty.
Copyright (c) 1997 First International Computer, Inc. All rights reserved.