This website (”Website”) is provided by First International Computer, Inc. (“we”), a company having its principal place of business in Taipei City, Taiwan. We take the privacy of your personal information seriously, and are devoted to providing quality services to you and protecting your privacy.
Taiwan’s Personal Information Protection Act (“Taiwan’s PIPA”) governs the way in which we collect process and use your personal information. If you are a visitor from EEA (European Economic Area) to this Website, for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) with the effect from May 25 2018, we are the data controller. You can contact us at any time via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (our “Contact Email”).
Meanings of Several Terms
- personal information (also known as personal data) shall mean any name, phone and facsimile number, email address, physical address and other information which may be used to identify a natural person, both directly and indirectly;
- personal information file shall mean a collection of personal information built to allow information retrieval and management by automatic or non-automatic measures;
- collection shall mean to collect personal information in any form and way;
- processing shall mean to record, input, store, compile, correct, duplicate, retrieve, delete, output, connect or internally transmit personal information for the purpose of establishing or using a personal information file;
- use shall mean all methods of personal information use other than processing.
Your Rights with Regard to Your Personal Information
The following rights should be exercised by you with regard to your personal information,
- any inquiry and request for a review of your personal information and any request to make duplications of your personal information which include the right to request copies of your personal information we hold about you at any time (collectively the “right to access”);
- any request to supplement or correct your personal information which includes the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete (collectively the “right to correct”);
- any request to discontinue collection, processing or use of your personal information which includes the right to restrict us from using your personal information or limit the way that we use your personal information (collectively the “right to restrict our use”);
- any request to delete the personal information which includes the right to request us to delete, erase or remove your personal information (collectively the “right to erase” or called “rights to be forgotten”);
- any request that we move, copy, or transfer your personal information (the “right to data portability”);
- any objection to our use of your personal information (the “right to object”) including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
Exercising Your Rights or Making Inquiries
If you want to make inquiries or exercise any of your rights set forth above, wish to access your personal information or get a copy of your personal information obtained by us, or want to withdraw your consent to processing your personal information, please contact us at any time via email to our Contact Email. However, In order to protect your personal information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
For what purposes we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information for the primary purposes of that a. providing our services b. providing you product or other information that you or your organization requests from us, c. providing services or information to our clients, d. notifying you about changes and updates to our services and e. marketing. We may also use your personal information for the secondary purposes closely related to the primary purposes, for example, we will use your personal information, especially the information we collect from “cookies”, for improving or refining our Website and our internal operations.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies for providing our services to you. We may share your personal information with our service providers being our authorized contractors to provide our services to you (for example, our authorized service providers for your return merchandise authorization (RMA) or other technical requests) or our analysis service providers that assist us in improving or refining this Website and our internal operations. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose it in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations, or if we or our certain business operations are acquired in whole or in part by third parties.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information in the following ways,
- personal information that is given or provided to us by you, which includes the email address, contact information, and other personal information you provide when you sign-up or use our partner “login account” or similar webpages, when you send inquires to us using the “contact us” page, or when you contact us by telephone, post, email, or through other means;
- personal information that is collected by us automatically, you agree that we collect your personal information automatically from “cookies” or in any other manner (for example, we collect some information about your visit to the Website which will help us to make improvement to the Website content and will include your internet protocol (IP) address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content);
- we may be provided with your personal information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by third parties.
Protecting Your Personal Information
We will adopt proper technical and procedural measures to protect your personal information and personal information files from being misuse, loss, stolen, altered, damaged, destroyed, or unauthorized disclosure, which include the following that a. access to your account is controlled by a username or email and a password that is unique to you, and b. your personal information is stored on secure servers. If you suspect any misuse, loss, stolen, alternation, damages, destroy, unauthorized access to, or disclosure of your personal information, please notify us immediately via email to our Contact Email.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will discontinue to use or process and take reasonable steps to delete or destroy your personal information obtained by us when the primary and secondary purposes for which your personal information is collected no longer exist unless a longer retention period for us to perform our legal obligation is required or permitted by law. At any time, if you desire us to delete your personal information held by us, please notify us via email to our Contact Email. Please note that after we delete your personal information, it may remain on backup or archival server or media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
Links to Other Websites
Governing Laws and Jurisdiction